Top 5 Questions to Ask Your Landscaping Company
Landscaping projects are important and time-consuming undertakings that can drastically improve the curb appeal of your landscape when managed well… or can leave it unsightly if mishandled. It’s essential to ask the right questions when hiring a landscaping company in Minnesota. Here are five great questions to ask your landscaping company before working with them:
- “Are you licensed and insured?” Accidents can happen on any landscaping project, so it’s important to make sure your landscaping company is licensed to operate and insured to cover damage to your landscape and injury to their workers.
- “Do you have a portfolio of your past landscaping projects that I can look at?” Viewing a gallery of previous landscaping work will allow you to gauge if a landscaping company performs quality work. If they don’t have a portfolio or you don’t like what you see, find someone else.
- “What is the expected timeline for completing this project?” Quality landscaping work takes time, so be wary of timeline estimates that sound suspiciously short, as well as those that are way too long. You may want to compare timeline estimates from different landscaping companies before choosing who to hire.
- “Can you provide an upfront estimate for this landscaping project?” Your landscaping company should be able to give you an estimate for the final cost of the landscaping project, even if certain factors are up in the air. Be wary of any landscaping company that gives a vague or evasive answer to this question.
- “Do you offer ongoing landscape maintenance services?” While not essential, a landscaping company that follows through by providing ongoing outdoor maintenance is generally a good one to work with.
If you want to hire an award-winning landscape company with experience on all types of projects, we encourage you to consider Ground One. Reach out to us today if you’d like to begin working with us on a landscaping project in the greater Twin Cities area!