Are you looking for a cool and classy way to enhance the beauty of your backyard and give yourself some extra shade in the summer? Install an outdoor pergola in your yard in Minnesota! In case you’re unfamiliar with the term, a pergola is an outdoor archway consisting of a framework of columns with rafters overhead. Pergolas can be made from a variety of materials including cedar, vinyl and steel.
Installing an outdoor pergola near your home in Minnesota can bring you many benefits. Read on to learn some of the best reasons why your yard needs a pergola!
Benefits of an Outdoor Pergola
- Extra Shade – The most obvious boon of adding a pergola to your yard is that you’ll have extra shelter from the sun. While most pergolas only have rafters and not a true roof, these crossbeams still provide you with ample shade on even the sunniest summer days. Depending on your chosen design, some pergolas have a finished roof or a cloth you can pull over them for extra protection from the elements. There are even “sail pergolas” with fabric canopies in place of rafters!
- Gardening Opportunities – Not only does an outdoor pergola improve the overall aesthetic of your backyard in Minnesota, it also gives you new options for your gardening. You can purchase vines or ivy that will grow up the columns and over the rafters of your pergola for a breathtaking, enchanted look. The rafters of a pergola also offer a great place to hang your hanging baskets.
- Outdoor Space for Dining & Working – Many people in Minnesota love the idea of eating and working remotely outside, so that they can enjoy the fresh air and sunlight. Unfortunately, the sun can be unbearable during the summer. Because pergolas provide shade, installing one in your yard gives you a designated space for family dinners or remote work where you can enjoy being outdoors without being blinded and overheated.
- Added Privacy – For some homeowners in Minnesota, a concern of spending time outside is that their neighbors can get a little too nosy. In addition to offering shade, outdoor pergolas also offer privacy from prying eyes. You can relax, garden, eat or work under the cover of your pergola without having to worry about being watched.
- Increased Property Value – Making improvements to your landscape is one of the best ways to increase the value of your home in Minnesota. Installing a pergola in your backyard, patio or garden is a great way to add value to your property. A beautifully designed and installed pergola adds some class to your yard and will help your home stand out from others in the neighborhood to prospective buyers.
- Entertainment Spot – If you frequently entertain friends or extended family at your home in Minnesota, a pergola provides a great spot for outdoor hangouts. You can install a firepit in your pergola to provide an ideal spot for evening drinks or you can place one next to your pool to give the grown-ups a spot to chill while they watch their kids play. The guest entertainment opportunities provided by an outdoor pergola are practically endless!
Professional Pergola Installation in the Twin Cities
Installing the perfect pergola can breathe new life into your yard. For help with choosing and installing that perfect pergola, you might want some help from an experienced outdoor maintenance company. Contact Ground One today for expert pergola installation services in the Twin Cities metro area!